Ever come across this type of conversation?
“How are you?”
“Very busy, yourself?”
“Oh mate, flat out. Busy as..”
Unfortunately, most people interpret being busy as being productive.
However, this cannot be further from the truth.
Analysing the word “busy”, there’s usually something else going on deep inside you that you can identify as the core problem.
Some of these can be:
– Lack of time management skills
– No clear focus
– Weak self-discipline
– Lack of boundaries, inability to say no
– Prioritisation non-existent
– General laziness leading to a build up of last-minute work
– Autopilot robotic unmindful brain
– No clear understanding of how to relax
– Fear of failure
Have a think of what busy means for you deep down. Be honest with yourself.
As a coach I’m fortunate that my clients are honest with me and we break into the core of these issues.
I understand it can be difficult to do for yourself. Just be mindful of it and have a go. You may be surprised with what you find.