There are so many times in life where I told myself it was just too hard.
– Getting to exercise.
– Doing that extra bit for work.
– Making an important call.
– Persisting with a skill like learning a language
– Taking my guitar playing to the next level.
– Waking up early.
– Making breakfast/lunch/dinner
So I tried to at least do those things.
And when I went through the pain of successfully doing the activity once, I said to myself “This is what it’s going to take”.
I will embrace the pain.
I will embrace the struggle.
It may or may not get any easier.
It may really suck.
But it’s what I have to do.
Because that’s what it’s going to take
So now when I ever encounter those moments where things may be too hard, I look back when I was able to go through my past experience successfully and tell myself, “That is what it’s going to take”.
What is it that you need to mentally push through?